Apple Montessori Schools celebrate the holiday season!
This holiday, the children of Apple Montessori Schools are sharing the gift of giving – an important Montessori value. Explore our gallery of videos, drawings and writings from our children showing that giving feels just as good, if not better, than getting.
We’ve all heard the phrase “It’s better to give than to receive.” But why? Here’s why gift giving feels so good:
- It is an important part of human interaction
- It helps define relationships and strengthen bonds
- It is a universal way to show interest, appreciation, and gratitude
- It makes us feel good about ourselves to make someone else happy
- It helps us express our feelings
- It encourages the giver to think about the recipient – what they like and what would make them happy
- It reinforces our feelings for them and makes us feel like we’ve taken care of someone
- It shows us who is important in our lives
- It improves our psychological health to give without the expectation of receiving
- Psychology says you attract positivity when you do positive acts and/or think positively
Along with our families, we help show our students the gift that they are to the world. Each one of us has something special to contribute. We keep the gift of giving alive throughout the year with charitable acts, donations and activities.
December initiatives at Apple Montessori Schools include:
Toy drive: Our families are so incredibly generous every year as we work together to donate new toys to local families to help make the holidays even more special. The toys are given to families who cannot afford to buy presents, so that the children can open a gift that’s given to them by a loved one, not a charity.
Backpack program: With our annual backpack drive,we work with Foster & Adoptive Family Services to provide backpacks filled with personal items to comfort children when entering a new foster home. To learn more and donate to this inspiring program, visit: https://www.fafsonline.org/
Book exchange: Children love picking out a special book for their friends at school. Each child wraps up a book to give to another child. There is so much excitement in the room as they unwrap their special surprises!
Visit our Gift of Montessori Gallery to view giving at its best from our students. From our family to yours, we wish you all a wonderful holiday season as you experience the joy of giving for yourselves.