Recent research at the University of Florida, backed by hundreds of other early childhood education studies, shows that there are critical periods of brain development that impact a child’s future from birth to age five. These early periods of brain development affect intellect, the ability to build core skills to think, read, learn, remember, reason, listen and pay attention, as well as nurture social and emotional well-being.
The early childhood experiences, education and attention a child receives during those first 1825 days of life are incredibly important for the development of the brain architecture, approximately 85%, and lay the foundation for success academically, socially and emotionally.
Studies show that early childhood education:
- Positively impacts brain structure, stimulating and honing core cognitive skills for academic achievement
- Fosters a child’s natural curiosity, desire, confidence and enjoyment in the learning process
- Helps develop effective social skills for building relationships and working well with others, benefiting your child personally and professionally in the future.
A child’s brain is like a sponge, thirsty for knowledge. That’s why Apple Montessori Schools focuses on the critical early learning years for children ages six weeks to 6 years when your child has the greatest ability to learn. We focus on making the most of that key time.
Benefits of our proven science-based Montessori approach:
- Encourages your child to follow his or her own passions and interests at their own pace, stimulating personal drive, engagement and excitement in the learning process.
- Practices hands-on learning in a welcoming, structured environment so children learn by doing, providing greater advantage for retaining and loving what they learn
- Focuses on your child’s individual educational needs and curriculum, supporting meaningful, fun learning experiences that are effective and inspiring
- Gives your child the freedom to interact cooperatively and respectfully with other children in a multi-age classroom to help build confidence and self-esteem in working with others.
The Montessori approach lays a sound foundation of love, support, security and engagement for the love of learning that will last a lifetime. With a 45-year track record of providing exceptional educational opportunities and experiences during a child’s most formative years, we can truly impact your child’s future success and happiness in school and life.