- Scientific research confirms that Montessori children have an advantage not only academically, but socially and emotionally as well.
- Children who attended Montessori schools at the preschool and elementary levels earned higher scores in high school on standardized math and science tests.
- Another study found that the essays of 12-year-old Montessori students were more creative and used more complex sentence structures than those produced by the non-Montessori group.
- The research also shows Montessori students to have greater social and behavioral skills. Most Montessori schools report that their students are typically accepted into the high schools and colleges of their choice. And many successful grads cite their years at Montessori when reflecting on important influences in their life.
- Psychologists in the US found that across a range of abilities, children at Montessori schools out-performed those given a traditional education.
- Some of the biggest differences were seen in social skills and behaviour.
- Montessori children displayed a greater sense of “justice and fairness”, interacted in an “emotionally positive” way, and were less likely to engage in “rough play” during break times.
Proud to be accredited by the prestigous Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Family owned Apple Montessori has been a leader in early childhood education since 1972